Dylan and I have spent the last two days in Madrid and the whole experience has been amazing. The hostel is cheap, and yet still very nice. The staff has been a great help when we need to know where to get items we need or to see sights that we will enjoy. Walking around the city is kicking my ass in the process. I may actually be in better shape after this vacation than I was before. That´s a first.
It has been surprisingly easy to sleep in the dorms here, even though there are 9 other sleeping bodies making noises throughout the night. It´s almost entertaining. At some point last night I woke up to a fellow traveler "letting one rip" and it was impressive to say the least. Sleeping is also made easy when your full of booze which I most definitely was last night.
We found a little super market that has cheap food and beer which fits our needs fairly well. Amstel cerveza was the drug of choice last night and it got me feeling pretty good. After relaxing from all the walking and preparing myself to pass the hell out, I ran into a group of girls from Ohio that wanted to have a few drinks but nothing crazy. They didn´t get to crazy but I got a lil sloppy. We hopped around from bar to bar drinking the cheapest drinks we could find until we ran into three Italian guys. They educated me on things to see when we make it to Italy and, thanks to the girls, kept buying us all shots and beer.
The night ended at a dance club where we ran into the pub crawl group led by our hostel. Despite the fact that we didn´t pay them to be a part of the crawl they still got us in for free and fed us tequila. At this point the girls wanted to sleep because of their departure this morning and I felt it was a good idea for me to go to bed. When we got back we said goodbyes and exchanged information so we could all meet up in Barcelona. I thought the night was over....but I was wrong.
I stepped outside for a smoke and asked a group of three people for a lighter. Turns out they were Danish and when I told them my last name was Rasmussen we were bonded for the next few ours. They had a flight the next morning which was 4 hours away at the time. Because of their flight, they could no longer keep a small bag of grass on them and gave it to me for absolutely no reason at all. They were a wild bunch. David, Camille, and Troels invited me to play Truth or Dare with them....minus the truth. One our later I was inside a giant dumster full of beer bottles for no reason other than to have my picture taken. We kept the game going for a while but I finally said my goodbyes to them as well. It took me a good hour to get back to the hostel because I was rather lost and drunk, but I made it alive. This night resulted in me sleeping until 2pm today and having a good go at filling up the toilet bowl with the very water I was so desperately trying to keep in my body.
-David, Camille, and Troels-
Today has been far more relaxing. We spent the day walking around, chillin´ at the park, and picking a new friends brain (Amanda´s) for helpful tips about our future travels. We finally made a new draft of our schedule for the next month and I´m sure there will be more stories to come.
Hope you enjoyed,
Nick Ras







No comments:
Post a Comment