Hello!
Berlin was a short and sweet trip, but worth every minute. We got in somewhere around 7 pm. The train was like 2 hours behind. No fun. All was made better when we arrived at our hostel. The place was the business. It was better than a lot of hotels, especially the one we had stayed in around Amsterdam. Showers were roomy and there was always an open spot. The rooms were a good size and had safes and outlets for all customers and yet again we had a bar with happy hour. Not only that, but we also had free dinner every night. The food wasn't gourmet but a healthy serving a free pasta is like the holy grail to us right now. Then we hit happy hour for buy one get one free liters of beer...goodness. Because we only had one full day in Berlin we picked the bartenders brain for sites to see and routes to take so we could absorb as much as possible. He was a really chill Aussie musician and he was currently working on creating a tour for the hostel so he had all the information we needed.
During happy hour I went out for a smoke and came across this beautiful Porsche. I was just about to take a picture of it for Colby Gerau went the lights on the car went off as if someone had unlocked it. Sure enough I see this group of guys standing close to me and one of them owns the car. I said, "your car is beautiful" he said, "get in it I'll take a picture of you and it". That's when I cried... Just kidding, but I couldn't believe it.
Once happy hour was over we decided we would go for a walk around and check out the night life. We didn't get too rowdy since the happy hour already did that for us, haha. We spent a couple hours roaming around just taking in the city and talking about nonsense. When were returned we found Malory and Jenn in the lobby. The rest of the night we drank some beers with them and talked about what we had been doing for the past few days. It was nice to see familiar faces again.
The next day the four of us walked around Berlin. We checked out the wall, ghost stations, and had a hell of a meal. There was so much culture and history in the city that we didn't even get to touch on a fraction of it. Good reason for us to return one day! The lunch we stopped in for was DELICIOUS. Bratwurst, potatoes, and beer. I can't stress to you enough how much I enjoyed that meal. I got Dill pickle and the girls beside me and some seriously cultural food in my mouth. I was happy as hell.
As if I have to tell you what we did that night. The four of us went to happy hour and then just didn't leave the bar in our hostel. Our intention was to bar crawl, but we already had beer and a good time, so why leave? The night consisted of the four of us just learning more about each other, playing drinking games with German playing cards, and forcing the Aussie bartender to play mirrors by Justin Timberlake. (Thanks for that Mal) We drank until bar close and then went to pass out. We were all headed to Prague the next day and certainly didn't need anymore of a hangover than we were already doomed to get.







No comments:
Post a Comment